

MAB Board Meeting Minutes.
Open Forum
February 27 2025

In attendance In person 43 Zoom 25 Total 68

Meeting called to order: 5:31 pm

Flag Salute: Armand Veltri

Roll Call: Neil Midtgard

President Lewis Panzo present, 1st VP Armand Veltri present, 2nd VP Richard Garzon, present, Treasurer Patricia Meglino present, Secretary Neil Midtgard, present.

Rocky: Management Report

The fire alarm project is in its final phases. They are ready for inspection on Thursday of last week we received permits for buildings 11-12-13 Epic Engineering is set to submit plans for buildings 24-25- 26 Palm Beach construction would go ahead and file for these permits so we can keep moving forward.

We are waiting for proposals for the Rip Rap. We are also waiting for proposals to move the sands from the flushing channel to the beach.

I would also like to welcome 2 new employees to our team

Derrick. Irrigation specialist general maintenance.

Andy

Old Business:

Lew : I'd like to make a motion to approve the minutes from Thursday January 23rd 2025

Armand first, Patricia seconds

Lew: Any discussion: none

All in favor 5-0

New Business:

Lew: Motion to approve the use of the generator reserves \$5,195 for generator at 950 for a water pump including associated seals and gaskets and new coolant.

Armand 1st Rich 2nd

Motion carries approved 5-0

Open Forum:

John Diangelis 2301-102 We started the Finance Committee six or seven months ago and I have not gotten any positive answers on recommendations the committee made for investing reserves. I need a response from you Lew, from you Patti from you Barbara that someone will be helping me to move forward with the process, why does it take so long. Why does it take so long and are you trying to block us?

Patricia Meglino Treasurer: John, we appreciate everything that you have done so far that comes from the bottom of my heart and I know that you're trying to help us. I know that you've got a good group of people working on the Finance Committee. Committees make recommendations we are in the process of evaluating those recommendations and sometimes getting started takes a while.

John: I'm not trying to be condescending I'm asking something so simple reach out to the banker and asking him to let John Diangelis speak to him, I will speak to him with you on the other end of the phone.

Patricia: I think talking to our bankers should be a board or an office activity. Let's focus on what we are trying to do, the Finance Committee is designed to make recommendations to the Board. You've formally made those recommendations, and we are considering them. We are not saying no but must look at all of the different aspects of what it entails. We do not need extra people involved in a preliminary meeting at the bank. We need clear lines of communication with our bankers. Our bankers need to know the specific people that they need to speak with and we don't want them getting confused.

John : it's a pretty simple on my part . If you can't do it that's OK , but why you can't do it?

Lew: Let me try to explain to everyone here, and to answer, that John would like to meet with the bank to get us a better interest on our money, Pat has explained that she and I will take his recommendations to the bank and report back to the him.

Marti: Kauffman build 2601: Does anyone on the board know what a treasury bond is?

Patricia : That's an insult. Now you are just trying to be insulting.

Marti: We can get better interest on government backed bonds.

Patricia: We understand your point and we are working on this. We have qualified people working on this we have attorneys we have accountants I'm sorry we're too slow for you, but we are working on it.

Barbara: With regards to John DeAngelis recommendation, it has all been sent to our attorney and our auditor. John has some very good ideas. I notified John that we heard back from both and we that we made an appointment with the Bank for Friday to go over the association's options. Also, notified John that some of his suggestions could not be done as we were advised that anything done could not put association funds into anything that has any risk.

John: I reviewed with Florida State to make sure everything was copacetic, and they told me that everything was o k.

Michelle Myer: John and I are on the finance committee, and I just want to add that john has sent 5 letters to the board since last July with little feedback.

Pete Colino: Lew you have meetings all the time without posting.

Lew: The only meetings held without posting are legal and personnel matters.

Maryann Russo: 1201-503 Regarding the construction milestone project on building 11 we weren't informed.

Barbara: We put notices up on every door and on the bulletin board.

Maryann : Who is overseeing the project and don't tell me Rocky?

Rocky: I am supervision along with the board. For the employees they must punch in and punch out on a time clock. The engineers do their inspections and if there's any change orders it gets presented to me.

Rich Orsini 1801-304: What we did at building 18 we have four people that are full time we asked them if they could just keep an eye on what's going on with PBBC on a daily basis. We monitor it on a daily basis I know it works I was in construction. I am going to tell you that what we witnessed is what we were billed for and we thought they did a good job.

Steve Amante : 601-201 On the agenda tonight was supposed to be about the \$5,000. grant coming from Jupiter.

Lew: we will get to that

Dave McDermott : 23-204 Can you give us an update on the seawall project

Lew: they are planning on starting this project in the later part of the summer they did come up with a new plan they're going to put in a new substance injected into the ground to protect the buildings. And support the buildings behind the wall.

That's the last meeting that we have with them. We haven't gotten any further reports whether we're going to continue with this plan or not.

Marian Russo: building 12-503 how do we stand with the survey that was put out.

Lew: It's being prepared in the attorney's office now.

Steve Amante 501 : An e-mail was sent out by the office it said that bios have been taken off the community billboards and false information was being sent out. What false information is being put out.

Barbara: It was not information that was put out by the candidates it was owners putting out false information.

? Building 13 401 Rocky can I get an update on the settling of the pool 1250 so we know about it.

Rocky We have a new plan from the engineer to fix 1250 we will follow up on it.

?? Is it possible to change all of the blue and yellow recycling containers.

Michelle Myer: Who's job is to clean them.

Rocky: Stated Maintenance cleans them. If they are broken we have them replaced.

Dave McDermott 23-204 just want to make a statement this new landscaping company does a very decent job.

Lee DiClemente: Bocce ball court report. there is room to join if anyone is interested.

Michelle Meyer: Just a question I know we're doing the repair on pool 12:50 and we also heard that the furniture is in can you let me know what's going on with that.

Lew: Because of the work that's going to be done on 1250 we have it in storage to install after the work is done.

Rich Orsini 1801: My question is when is the Defibrillator going to be installed.

Barbara: Rich I have a meeting scheduled with you and MaryLou on Friday to work on it.

Jim English building 13-505 Update on the fiber optics?

Lew Let me explain Comcast will come into the building to install all the fiber optics as per tier 106 through 506 after all of them are connected they will pull the existing cables and the and that tier will be connected.

Barbara : With your equipment you get one wireless modem and three voice activated remotes you as the owner are charged with going to Comcast office And get your equipment.

Zoom?? As far as the lake on title point Blvd. whose responsibility is the marinas or the associations

Lew : The lake is our responsibility.

Zoom Rosalie Building 1801 305 asking about the dredging update.

Jim English 1302-505 same question.

Jim English what's the status of Xfinity hookup.

Jim English Is the Marina at Bluffs covering the cost of cleaning up the silting being shared with the Marina.

Rocky :silting is out to bid

3 dredging questions asked and answered

Mike Larkin 12-505 Spoke to the fire department about the wires hanging out of the fire box rocky do you know anything about filling in the vacant hole.
? Fixing cable?

GRANTS :

Rich Garzon: The town of Jupiter do a grant every year \$50,000, and it's maximum of \$5000 per grant and It is a matching grant.
The parameters are that they it has to be something new-it has to be visible. if you look across the street to the River they upgraded the front sign and added new lights & new plantings. The deadline to apply is March 14th. I just found out about a week or so ago and we have to provide them with three quotes-take pictures of what it looks like right now with our plan for improvement. I have a proposal from the landscaping committee and we a request to add better security lighting at the entrance. I plan to meet with the town again this week and get a proposal together.

Michelle Myer 1001: There was someone that works there in the office that is a part of our community I believe it's Janet Richards.

Steve Amante 501: We only have two weeks-to go for the grants have you started collecting 3 prices from the landscapers so we can present this to the Township we're wasting valuable time we may not get this grant.

Steve Amante 501: Great idea lets move forward with quotes:

General audience: Great Ideas. Please move forward Rich.

Michelle Myer building 10-503 They started the milestone project I'm building 10 in October. Everything looked very good, Fast forward to now the areas of where the wind wall are starting to buckle up it looks like they have to do a complete repair so we don't have catwalks that buckle up. do we have an invoice for the work that was done.

Lew : Yes we have all the invoices

Barbara: I haven't done the assessment yet; I made an appointment with you to go over the invoices next Friday.

Maryann Russo: To Michelle's point You can't just let them do whatever they want someone has to oversee this besides rocky:

Lew: All the catwalks will be painted You Gotti give us a chance to do these things.

Michelle Meyer: You're not understanding they're going to have to come back-and do this work all over again.

Lew: We're not going to pay twice for all of that they're going to have to come back and do it all over again it will be at their expense.

Michelle: You mentioned you met with the painters nobody in the community has been able to put forth any Ideas about painting the buildings.

Lew: We met with them yesterday. We hope to start May 1st.

Michelle: there's no committee together to say hey what colors do we use how much are we paying these guys.

?are we doing a survey on it?

Lew: No we are not doing a survey on it.

? Im from building 20: I have a question is there any plans to paint the railings they are peeling.

Rocky-it's in the plans for the painting of the buildings

Nick DiMao: Building 5 unit 505 I have a request for the landscape committee-I would like look at the area behind the building . it's nothing but dirt they've been mowing that dirt for years they don't aerate they don't try to grow grass so so someone take a look at it.

Rocky: I will take a look at it tomorrow.

Lew:do I have a motion to adjourn

Armand: I make a motion

Patty: seconds

Lew: Meeting Adjourned